Samsung Mobile has announced a second event for May, sending SlashGear a teaser invite for a launch that will take place on May 24 in New York. The invite will follow Samsung and AT&T’s “special announcement” on May 5 which is expected to be the launch of the Infuse 4G.
That could suggest that Samsung wants to talk to us later in the month about the Galaxy S II, the 1.2GHz dual-core smartphone which impressed us so much in our review last week. Samsung is expected to launch variants of the Galaxy S II across the US carriers, just as it did with the first-gen Galaxy S, though so far has not given a timescale for that roll-out.
Alternatively, and with no carrier namechecked on the invite, it could be something else from Samsung’s mobile line-up, most likely the Galaxy Tab 8.9 or Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android 3.0 Honeycomb tablets. Samsung has previously said that the 10.1-inch model will go on sale on June 8, so this could well be its coming-out party.
Relevant Entries on SlashGear
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab up for pre-registration
- Samsung announce Nov 8 event for “new Android device”
- Confirmed: Samsung Galaxy S II set for April launch
- AU$999 Australian Galaxy Tab apparently confirmed by Samsung
- Samsung upbeat on Gingerbread & Honeycomb updates for Galaxy Tab